ocean man, stranded
high and dry under full moon,
losing the magic
of the sea.
ocean man, longing
for waves and distant thunders,
knowing the sacrifice
ocean man, dreaming
of the salt and foam of tides
surrendering the dream
Art and poem by clinock.
Stranded. H.7″ x W.6″ x D.6″. Fired and stained clay.
photo and poem by clinock – photo from Oaxaca coast, Mexico.
Click on photo for superior viewing experience.
i•con (ˈaɪ kɒn)
- a picture, image or other representation.
- an image of Christ, a saint, etc., venerated as sacred.
- a sign or representation that stands for something by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it: an icon of womanhood.
- a person or thing that is revered or idolized: a pop icon.
- a small graphic image on a computer screen representing a disk drive, a file, or a software command.
[1565–75; < Latin < Greek eikṓn likeness, image, figure]
storm on the beach
raindrops swirling through the waves
feather of a bird
I am deeply honoured and inspired, Ese, for your sensitive haiku dance with my drawings – mille grazie.
Ese’s blog – http://esengasvoice.wordpress.com