honoured by wax and the droppings of gulls
weathered by waves
scratchings of crabs
and the caress of mermaids
her immaculate stains
paint the rocks of the world
and the salty invocations
of a full moon wind
photo and poem by Clinock
photo and poem by clinock – photo from Oaxaca coast, Mexico.
Click on photo for superior viewing experience.
i•con (ˈaɪ kɒn)
- a picture, image or other representation.
- an image of Christ, a saint, etc., venerated as sacred.
- a sign or representation that stands for something by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it: an icon of womanhood.
- a person or thing that is revered or idolized: a pop icon.
- a small graphic image on a computer screen representing a disk drive, a file, or a software command.
[1565–75; < Latin < Greek eikṓn likeness, image, figure]